Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kneeling during the national anthem and claims of disrespect
I personally don't feel that I myself would kneel ( and haven't done so), because I am thankful for all that I've been blessed with as a citizen of our nation. But I don't wish to criticize protesters for their tactic.

A sincere question to those who oppose kneeling during the anthem started by Kaepeenick: Are you opposed to kneeling at anytime and under any scenario or is your opposition due to the idea that Kaepernick's kneeling is unjustified and his protest is not addressing any real injustices? Suppose, for example black WW2 veterans who returned home just after war or their communities protested against their segregation or the lack of respect accorded to the black veterans (or not really able to access the GI bill like their white counterparts, which I remember hearing, but don't know with certainty)at certain businesses decided to kneel in late 1940s during the anthem because the flag didn't evoke the same emotions for them as others, would you be opposed to that?

While we may or may not agree on the merits of Kaepernick's reasons, I just want to know if there are scenarios hypothetical or real, where you wouldn't be opposed to someone not "respecting" the flag because they honestly feel respect was not earned?

EDIT:
In a related note, are those opposed to the kneeling also opposed to the flying of the confederate banner considering the government it represented stands against what our nation stands for today? Do you feel it is unpatriotic to fly that banner?

EDIT: If not, why not?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kneeling during the national anthem and claims of disrespect - masterpanthera_t - 07-26-2020, 02:09 PM