Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The F.B.I. Pledged to Keep a Source Anonymous. Trump Allies Aided His Unmasking.
(07-26-2020, 05:12 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: While we're discussing Brick Walls . . . according to Republicans The Democrats and Hillary funded the Steele Dossier to get dirt on Trump.

My question . . . if this is the case . . . why didn't we hear about any of this until after the election?

(07-26-2020, 08:38 AM)hollodero Wrote: Which, to be fair, is somewhat true.

Probably because it was not exactly solid information.

(07-26-2020, 10:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Because it was not 100% confirmed and Hillary didn't play the "Some people say.  .  .  " game.

The Steele Dossier was written by Steele as he was contracted to do research on Trump by Fusion GPS. Fusion GPS was first hired by a conservative mega-donor to do opposition research on Trump. Then, once Trump won the primary, they offered their services to the DNC/Clinton campaign. Steele himself was unaware for whom he was doing the work.

One question I don't have an answer to is what information the campaign actually received from the report. I can't find that, anywhere. Steele passed his reports on to Fusion GPS per his contract and I can't see where they have said what they did with them. Steele himself, though, did notify the American and British governments of some of his findings and worked with the FBI as what he found was considered to be highly concerning.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The F.B.I. Pledged to Keep a Source Anonymous. Trump Allies Aided His Unmasking. - Belsnickel - 07-26-2020, 02:24 PM