Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kneeling during the national anthem and claims of disrespect
(07-26-2020, 02:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think it depends on how we try to describe our position. Often when people want to challenge the view that not rendering honors is disrespectful. They'll us words like insist, outrage, squealing. crying, opposed......

My point is simple: Ask me what I think about kneeling during the Anthem and I'll say it's disrespectful to the flag and ALL for which it stands, just not the part you want it to offend. 

Don't ask I will not demand, oppose, squeal, outrage, cry. You do you; I'll do me. 

As to the Confederate flag...my view is the same.

So, if I understand,regarding the kneeling, you simply don't wish that people demand something of you or label you pejoratively. Which, is totally understandable and I agree. BTW, you will not get such accusations or labeling from me, as I think you know.

Now the substance of my question is this: Is there a scenario, where you could understand (like the one I put forth in my message that you responded to, or a hypothetical scenario), where some one doesn't show "honors" to the flag, if they feel it wasn't earned? Are you in opposition to not showing honors, no matter the scenario (or reasons why a person doesn't feel the same emotions that the flag invokes in you) or are there certain scenarios where you wouldn't be as opposed (not asking whether you would kneel, just that if you would appreciate the cause of why some one genuinely doesn't feel standing is the proper expression for them, based on their experiences, etc.)?

Coming back to the confederate flag question, if I understand your position, I think again, you will not demand anyone do something or show outrage etc. But does this mean that you are in opposition to that flag being flown? Do you consider that to be unpatriotic, owing to the reasons I stated in the previous post?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kneeling during the national anthem and claims of disrespect - masterpanthera_t - 07-26-2020, 02:57 PM