Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kneeling during the national anthem and claims of disrespect
(07-26-2020, 12:29 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I think it’s far more likely that people aren’t even aware of these rules than that they don’t care about them. You two are intelligent guys, it’s not that hard to see why some people will find the kneeling offensive. They even say before the anthem, “please rise to honor America”. I think another thing that rather damages the kneeling position is kneeling for the US anthem and then standing respectfully for another country’s, like China for example.

(07-26-2020, 12:38 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I've literally never heard that phrase before the playing of the national anthem. I don't disagree with your last statement, though, but I am unaware of any occurrences of it. Mostly because this whole controversy is asinine to me so I haven't paid a ton of attention to it.

"please rise and remove your hats" is said before the National Anthem  during every O's or Ravens game, but as I mentioned in the other thread, the National Anthem is probably just as much, if not more, unofficially a City Anthem to us as it is the National Anthem. We shout "OOOOOOOO" during "O say does that". 

I understand that most people do not realize that it goes against an etiquette code, but I don't think that changes that it is hypocritical or that the reality is that the message is the biggest issue with most of them, not the act. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kneeling during the national anthem and claims of disrespect - BmorePat87 - 07-26-2020, 03:05 PM