Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kneeling during the national anthem and claims of disrespect
(07-26-2020, 12:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Except you absolutely can do exactly that. The point of the thread is that you can’t tell people how to feel. There’s a whole lot of that going on in this thread. The basic point remains, lots of people find kneeling during the anthem offensive and if you choose to kneel then you know you are offending those people. If you’re ok with that, as a protester, then fine. But you can’t then act surprised when people are offended.

I disagree. You're free to think something, but you're not free to baselessly assign meaning to the actions of others. You can't have it both ways. 

And as I said, as soon as we turn this from "what do these protests mean to the protestors" to "what do the protests mean to me", especially in the context of being against them, you're creating a false sense of victimhood and/or a false sense of ownership or participation in them.

A player kneeling doesn't seek the approval or validation from some random guy watching at home who is inherently against his cause, nor is that person's feelings remotely relevant.

"Don't tell me how to feel about their protests". Sit down, they didn't ask your dumb ass what you thought. (lol, obviously the "you" is randomly dude at home complaining, not SSF)
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kneeling during the national anthem and claims of disrespect - BmorePat87 - 07-26-2020, 03:09 PM