Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kneeling during the national anthem and claims of disrespect
(07-26-2020, 03:09 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I disagree. You're free to think something, but you're not free to baselessly assign meaning to the actions of others. You can't have it both ways. 

And as I said, as soon as we turn this from "what do these protests mean to the protestors" to "what do the protests mean to me", especially in the context of being against them, you're creating a false sense of victimhood and/or a false sense of ownership or participation in them.

A player kneeling doesn't seek the approval or validation from some random guy watching at home who is inherently against his cause, nor is that person's feelings remotely relevant.

"Don't tell me how to feel about their protests". Sit down, they didn't ask your dumb ass what you thought. (lol, obviously the "you" is randomly dude at home complaining, not SSF)

But we all do exactly that every day.  How does "x" make me feel is at the core of human interaction.  If you forget someone's birthday you're going to hurt their feelings even though that was never your intent to do so.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kneeling during the national anthem and claims of disrespect - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 07-26-2020, 03:16 PM