Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Jeremy Hill far ahead of his production last year
(10-20-2015, 06:55 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: TDs matter.  Scoring is how you win games.  Not sure how you could just blow them off.  He hasn't been as good as what I expected from a yardage standpoint, but the guy showed last year he needs carries to produce.  
TDs matter and they're how you win games, so I'm not blowing them off, but, to be a complete back and to help the offense, he needs to be carrying the ball all over the field.  

You can argue that we've been winning without him doing that, but it gets colder and we won't be able to throw the ball as well, some teams will have better pass defenses, and we're going to need to control the clock/game/ball more in certain games.
(10-20-2015, 07:31 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: I've had high expectations for Hill and I'm definitely a fan.
I'm still trying to understand the difference between what we saw in him the second half of last season vs. the first part of this season.

We're trying to make him run from shotgun, so he's flat-footed when the defense realizes if he has the ball or not, whereas, when Andy's under center and turns and hands the ball to Hill, he's running full-speed downhill and the defense doesn't have time to get in a good position to stop him and, even if they do, he can make one cut and gain five more yards or be gone.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jeremy Hill far ahead of his production last year - BFritz21 - 10-20-2015, 07:50 PM