Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New York attorney general seeks to dissolve NRA...
(08-06-2020, 01:57 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: ...in suit accusing gun rights group of wide-ranging fraud and self-dealing (open in incognito to read)

More at the link.

I wouldn't be surprised to see her claims hold a lot of water. The corruption at the top of the NRA is a poorly kept secret. However, requesting dissolution of the organization? That seems a little far reaching to me. Taking out LaPierre and other corrupt leaders, yeah, but I don't know about dissolution. I definitely look forward to seeing how this all plays out.

You and I are of one mind in this regard.  I think there are millions of NRA member who would love to see LaPierre get his just desserts.  He's been deeply unpopular for some time and his malfeasance has been an open secret.  But, as you say, dissolve the organization as a whole due to the actions of some corrupt officials?  I suppose we'd have had to dissolve Congress some time ago using that criteria.  In my opinion she just handed the NRA a gift, because her seeking to dissolve the organization makes this look like a political act and a deliberate attempt to suppress the organization's goals.  She would have been much smarter to just nail those guilty of criminal activity.  I suppose being in a deep blue state she just couldn't help herself.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: New York attorney general seeks to dissolve NRA... - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 08-06-2020, 05:04 PM