Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New York attorney general seeks to dissolve NRA...
(08-07-2020, 03:28 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I mean, it is in the spirit of the union. States regulate organizations based in their states. While it may span all 50, it operates out of New York, and our federal system gives them jurisdiction over it.

I believe it's incorporated in New York but originated in Virginia. Regardless, you fail to address the crucial point, does malpractice by senior members justify dissolution? 

Quote:I don't think the age of the organization should give it preferential treatment. There's an argument to make of it being targeted, but suggesting that its age should shield it from consequences wouldn't hold as much weight in court.

On its own, no.  But you established the criteria by comparing it to the fly by night Trump organizations.  By your own argument you made the organization's age and inherent earnestness a point of validity.

Quote:The AG's personal bias should come into play. The courts would determine if there's merit or if it's a "witch hunt". However, as I've repeated, if the allegations are true, the crimes are what matters. 

We mostly agree.  Where we differ is whether the management's improper actions warrant dissolution, or more importantly, in this instance, the request for dissolution.

Quote:You're being intentionally condescending with remarks like "Bmore, please".

Not at all, at least not intentionally.  I'll certainly give you the merit of this accusation from you perspective, although I find it of lesser merit when considering your lack of similar condemnation for other posters more in ideological lockstep with your own positions. I think we both know the reason for this statement.  If not I'll happily elucidate further.

Quote:I gave it as an example of a non profit that was dissolved. There are many differences between the two, but I pointed to it to show that this is not some shocking route for the AG to take. 

By your own admission there are "differences".  I would posit that such "differences" are so substantial as to make the comparison meaningless, and, possibly, intentionally inflammatory.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: New York attorney general seeks to dissolve NRA... - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 08-07-2020, 03:46 AM