Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EPA Destroys Water Quality Records, Deceives Archivist
(08-10-2020, 09:59 AM)bengaloo Wrote: Here is just a tiny little bit of sample on the EPA. There are many many more if you care to research for yourself. Dont use Google though because they purposely hide most of the real articles since they are also compromised and corrupt to the core. To find real truth that doesnt fit the leftist narrative, you'll have to use a different search engine. Funny how that works. Good luck with your findings. They do have a bank account. So do their employees lol...

One big part of the "leftist narrative," so far as I grasp it, is that corporations run the U.S. because politicians rely on their campaign donations to get elected and re-elected. So our elected really come to represent those big donor's interests, and not the ordinary folks who elect them.

If the "leftists" are correct, then it would make sense that EPA is a special target of those corporate interests, given its potential to impose regulatory costs on many industries. That is, we might expect it to pay EPA officials to look the other way, or to challenge and dilute its regulation through control of members of Congress.

Your links, which are not hidden by Google, seem to be mostly about that sort of corruption--i.e., about how the extraction lobby and the auto industry have captured the government agency created to monitor them, bit by bit. 

Also, the FOIA requests and other complaints in your links appear to be lodged primarily either by "leftist" environmental groups like NC Warn, who want the EPA to do its job, or fronts for the Extraction Lobby and the auto industry, like Global Warming. org., whose goal, among other things, is to convince Congress and voters that auto emissions regulations are arbitrary and unfair.

From what I can tell from you links, though, the "worst years" of the EPA for the extraction industry were under Obama, who sought greater environmental protections and regulation of emissions. Trump would likely agree. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/climate/trump-environment-rollbacks.html?mtrref=www.google.com&gwh=F36C50604CDC94CA4B905E3C00E98064&gwt=pay&assetType=PAYWALL

I am puzzled that your response to lack of transparency and apparent industry capture of this agency is not to root out the corruption but to get rid of agency itself. You seem to be saying we could get along without environmental regulation altogether. You don't think more Love canals would follow, nuclear accidents, the return of acid rain?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: EPA Destroys Water Quality Records, Deceives Archivist - Dill - 08-10-2020, 11:43 AM