Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EPA Destroys Water Quality Records, Deceives Archivist
(08-10-2020, 11:48 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Interestingly enough, that whole narrative about corporate spending isn't really true. The research doesn't support it. However, where the EPA corruption, and corruption within the government in general, really shines is in access via the revolving door. The real biggest issue with the EPA is its reliance on industries to self-regulate a lot of what they do thanks to the government really being toothless in enforcing the regulations. This has created a culture of apathy within the EPA.

This is just what I've been told by some folks I know in the agency.

Research doesn't support the claim that corporations spend billions on lobbying and campaign contributions targeting representatives who can create favorable legislation for them? Or that they do but don't get results? What research? 

What makes the EPA/government "toothless" in enforcing regulations?

Again, just wondering. Not an expert in EPA issues and history. Still, it seems like I am always reading about corporations regulated by the EPA who effectively court sympathetic Senators and Representatives with campaign money.
https://www.pogo.org/investigation/2019/01/wheeler-spins-barrasso-in-his-revolving-door/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: EPA Destroys Water Quality Records, Deceives Archivist - Dill - 08-10-2020, 12:18 PM