Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Five Bold Predictions for the 2020 Season"
(08-10-2020, 12:51 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Ravens defense was far from Elite.   They struggled mightily against the run early, hence bringing back Josh Bynes.  And I would say "really good" or even "great", but not elite.  Elite to me in terms of QBs right now in the NFL is Patrick Mahommes and Drew Brees.   Lamar had one amazing season, which was largely based on what he provides as a rushing threat.  That rarely lasts in the NFL.  Heck, RGIII had an amazing year 1 as well.  Then, injuries and poof.  Those two are playing as elite QBs right now.  There's no wrong or right, we just see the term "elite" differently.  

You’re discounting the current MVP because he probably won’t last? That’s pretty faulty logic. He’s absolutely elite right now. Guy led the league in passing TD’s AND ran for 1200+ yds. He’s an amazing talent. Whether or not it’s sustainable we shall see. And idk how you don’t consider Wilson or Rodgers elite. The former has been carrying his team on his back since they broke up the legion of boom, and the latter is right there with Mahomes as one of the most physically gifted QB’s I’ve ever seen.

But we can certainly agree to disagree on whether a defense has to be top 2, top 5, etc to be considered elite. I think the Bills probably were last year. Like I said, that doesn’t mean I’m comparing them to some of the all time great defenses, just that they’re much better than all but a couple other teams.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Five Bold Predictions for the 2020 Season" - Nicomo Cosca - 08-10-2020, 01:21 PM