Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did you become a Bengals fan?
Nerd alert:
Being a role-playing-game kid from germany in the late eighties-early nineties I hadn't any football interest until two things appeared for me: 1. The World League (WLOF) with a German team and 2.:

[Image: pic183756_lg.jpg]

My friends and me started this league of table top football with fantasy characters and I needed a name for my team  (I still have my self painted tin elves around here...). My home town had a lot of american influence as it was the main port in Germany for the troops so there where some people around wearing pilot-type sports jackets, mainly Raiders. One day I sat in a bus back from school and I saw a guy with this flashy orange-and-black coloured jacket and I knew I wanted these colours and the name for my team.
I followed the results of the Bengals ever since but didn't really get into it until the early 2000s when I started watching football regularly.
As for bad karma: I decided becoming a Bengals follower in 1991. The first game I ever was able to watch was the infamous WC-game in 2005. :snark:
Someone told me to follow my dreams - so I'm going back to bed
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How did you become a Bengals fan? - mano de dios - 10-21-2015, 09:06 AM