Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Five Bold Predictions for the 2020 Season"
(08-10-2020, 09:03 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Please don't read this as an attack on you Murdock, but these arguments about Covid and having less time to prepare hurting rookie QB play don't make that much sense to me.  If anything, I think offenses will have the advantages on defenses (at least in the beginning).  Defenses having to cover and tackle without the full-speed practices and pre-season games seems like a greater liability than running and catching.  Blocking may be an issue, but that is going to be every team. 

When in college, the NCAA has practice regulations that prohibit teams from organized practices (with coaches) to 20 hours per week  (i believe...it may have changed.  That rule didn't exist when I was in college and we went WAY beyond it).  Burrow was able to be dominant against the best defenses in college football in one year with a new scheme and OC.  

I think Burrow will be downright amazing in year 1.  

Not an attack at all. It is actually the best part about the board. Can have different opinions on a topic and discuss it without things devolving (usually) and everyone in the end is still routing for the same team to win.

He very well may be amazing year one, I just always hear rookie QBs talking about adjusting to the speed of the game and how the windows are smaller and the DBs are faster, etc, etc. I just worry with a limited amount of pre-season snaps and shortened less contact type training camp it will take him a little longer to adjust to the speed. We will find out though.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Five Bold Predictions for the 2020 Season" - Murdock2420 - 08-10-2020, 10:55 PM