Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williams to get tested early...
(08-11-2020, 09:15 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I was about to ask that very question.  I don't watch enough 49ers to know, but I remember JJ Watt was getting stonewalled by Whit, so he just went to the other side:  sack, sack....

His point is valid, in general, though.  He will see some strong pass rushers early.  Both Sample and Williams will likely be dealing with it together, as I think we will see more of Sample this year and he will be asked to help.

I think you are going to want to use a lot of motion cracking on Bosa and Garrett. Essentially you have someone coming across the formation nearly every play, sometimes you snap and they release into the route others they crack the end. Forcing the end to constantly be checking for the crack will slow down their ability to immediately jump upfield. This is actually a staple of the 49ers offense and Kittle I think burned us on this concept when he released instead of cracking on one of the big plays. The added benefit of this is the motion will look the same running, passing, or even running a jet sweep so it does have the additional benefit of disguise to the play as a whole.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Williams to get tested early... - Sled21 - 08-11-2020, 08:56 AM
RE: Williams to get tested early... - Au165 - 08-11-2020, 09:20 AM
RE: Williams to get tested early... - McC - 08-11-2020, 11:52 PM