Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This team is starting to remind of the 2000s Bengals
(08-15-2020, 11:04 PM)jason Wrote: Is it low hanging fruit to point out the change to a 2 win team too? Who brings in the players? Again... Marvin Lewis didn't want Chris Henry back on the team, and he was one of the lesser guys with character issues. I don't remember Marvin pounding the table for Pacman. I remember him hounding guys like Burfict and Chad, and starting guys who were doing the right thing through the week (Geathers) over guys who weren't (Dunlap). Burfict couldn't keep himself in line in Oakland or at Arizona State either. Pacman's been in constant trouble before and after Cincinnati. Chris Henry died doing dumb shit away from the team. If anything the story of Marvin not having control is old. Hell... The worst kept secret in the NFL in 2017 was Joe Mixon was headed to Cincinnati outta college.

No, it's not low hanging fruit at all. These are all good talking points to ponder and fun to debate while being outside of the organization.

Marvin made excuses for Jones and Burfict constantly. And held back young up and comers in favor of old guard "trusted" players.

Personally, I don't care to be a moral cop as to what another person does outside of their job. I just don't care. They have to livenlive their lives, not me. However, those guys looked to Marvin as a father figure and Marvin sheltered them and made excuses for them constantly.

Chris Henry, by all accounts, had turned his life around. He hopped in a truck while arguing with his wife and her dumbass should have stopped. She didn't and killed him.

I don't see how any Bengal fan can be upset or banging on the ownership for the direction of the team. To me, it doesn't make sense. This is what a rebuilding change of direction looks like and they are killing it off the field. On the field remains to be seen, but anyone expecting a huge year last year was dreaming. The team and coaches are very young, but I agree with what they're doing 100%.... and that includes the ownership and front office.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This team is starting to remind of the 2000s Bengals - PDub80 - 08-16-2020, 12:18 AM