Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Jeremy Hill far ahead of his production last year
(10-21-2015, 10:24 AM)djs7685 Wrote: When Hill is playing well, it's because Hill is awesomesauze!!!!!!!

When Hill is struggling, it's because of everybody BUT Hill.

I'm not surprised that this comes from the same few posters in JN. Don't be surprised. This will happen with any players that these people obsess over.

The line only blocks for Gio because they're out to get Hill!

Whenyou look at it objectively it makes more sense to assume that something else has changed when a very productive player is struggling.

When you look at all the great players in the NFL you will see that their production goes up and down from year to year.  usually it is not because a great QB like Luck suddenly forgets how to play.  Instead it is usually because of other factors.  Do you really think that DeMarco Murray completely forgot how to run the ball after gaining over 2000 yards from scrimmage last year?

People who just look at stats to judge a player are the ones who were saying we should dump Gio before thjis season.

Here is my opinion.  I think part of Hill's problem has been that he is not hitting the hole as hard as he needs to.  That is what Lapham thinks also.  But at the same time I see him get nailed in the backfield A LOT.  People who don't know a lot about football might think it is silly to suggest that the O-line only blocks for Gio and not for Hill.  But people with a deeper understanding will understand that opposing defense may play the run differently when Hill is in the game, or the Bengals may run slightly different blocking schemes when Hill gets the ball.  There are a lot of different variables other than claiming that the only possible explanation is that the line chooses to block better for Gio.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jeremy Hill far ahead of his production last year - fredtoast - 10-21-2015, 12:31 PM