Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9th Circuit appeals court strikes down CA magazine ban
(08-16-2020, 10:49 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: LOL Americans... I'm not even going to start to pick apart the ridiculous notion of this sentence.

Do keep in mind that you and 300+ million of the rest of Americans, aren't these, "special people," like you think you all are; nobody is going to go after your home, especially, "multiple people," unless you live in a very affluent neighbourhood or you have Fort Knox in your basement and a bunch of robbers become privy to that fact: you're going to be left alone. You're not special.

Well, I certainly wouldn't use the word "special" but I have had considerably more training with firearms than most Americans have and ever will.  I do find your comment about no one invading your home interesting, seeing as the odds of being the victim of a home invasion robbery are far higher than being the victim of a mass shooting.  Yet you utterly discount, even mock, the possibility of the far more likely incident ever occurring.  Interesting.

Quote:Where I grew up (Maple, Ontario), which is an upper-middle-class neighbourhood, we not only had a fair amount of home invasions, but our house was also broken into, a week after we moved in; you think anybody was clamoring for a law to be passed to carry guns or did you see a spike in gun sales at our local Bass Pro soon after?

I honestly don't care what laws Canada has or does not, seeing as I'm not Canadian.  You also have no rights in your country, only what the government allows you to have at the moment.  The US is not set up that way, thank god.  Also, your assertion that home invasions only occur in high end neighborhoods is false.  Seeing as I have investigated home invasions, several, and not one of them occurred in a "high end" neighborhood.

Quote:The obsessive gun culture in the States is (part of) the problem with all the violence and crime you guys have and you're the only 1st-World/Fully-Developed country in the world that has this problem.]

Not really.  The US has a gang violence problem.  Of the ~12,000 homicides with a firearm per year around 8,000 of them are criminals killing other criminals (and, unfortunately an innocent bystander on occasion).  Around another 1,000 of those are law enforcement killing a criminal.  So, if you're not a criminal, or hang out with criminals, you're talking 3,000 deaths a year.  While it's certainly tragic and horrible for any family affected by such a crime 3,000 deaths out of 300 million people is statistically insignificant.  Medical malpractice kills over a 100k per year.  Maybe we should defund the doctors?

Quote:But that's a discussion for another day :)

Or today, since it's the topic of the thread and all.   Cool
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 9th Circuit appeals court strikes down CA magazine ban - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 08-16-2020, 12:49 PM