Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9th Circuit appeals court strikes down CA magazine ban
I too will respond on a point by point basis.

(08-16-2020, 12:49 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Well, I certainly wouldn't use the word "special" but I have had considerably more training with firearms than most Americans have and ever will.  I do find your comment about no one invading your home interesting, seeing as the odds of being the victim of a home invasion robbery are far higher than being the victim of a mass shooting.  Yet you utterly discount, even mock, the possibility of the far more likely incident ever occurring.  Interesting.

No relevance at all to what I was talking about... unless, by the nature of your comment, you think that you're more likely to be gone after because you are a skilled marksman? O...k then.

Quote:I honestly don't care what laws Canada has or does not, seeing as I'm not Canadian.

Good for you; 'cause I really give a flying leap about American laws as well? Again, your statement is completely irrelevant to my original post. I'm talking about how ass-backwards things are down south, that Americans are compelled to buy guns for the sole purpose of protection in a possible home-invasion situation; that notion is not only scary, but absolutely crazy, especially due to the fact that you are the only country in the world that does things like this.

Therefore, maybe chuck the guns and then violence will go down? What a thought...

Quote:  You also have no rights in your country, only what the government allows you to have at the moment.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL wow, you guys really DO know absolutely nothing about us LOL LOL LOL LOL

Let's see, we:

- never have enslaved blacks and gave them a safe haven from your Southern States, during your civil war.
- women's suffrage began for our full country in 1917, while yours was 1920 (we were a country for only 50 years, unlike your 146)
- are allowed to say whatever we want, whenever we want, wherever we want (of course, threats and, "terroristic," language will get you in trouble), without any fear of recourse or issues.
- had all of these measures in place BEFORE a recognised charter (or constitution, in your case) was put in place... 60 years+ before, as a matter of fact.

Not that you care, but take a look: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Charter_of_Rights_and_Freedoms.

We have just as many, IF NOT MORE rights, than Americans.

I guess you think we still use cheques and haven't adopted Chip and PIN yet?

Quote: Not really.  The US has a gang violence problem.  Of the ~12,000 homicides with a firearm per year around 8,000 of them are criminals killing other criminals (and, unfortunately an innocent bystander on occasion).

And that's basically what I'm getting at; get rid of the damn weapons and then there won't be millions upon millions of your citizens, that have to, "live in fear of being home-invaded." Who's comitting 90% of these home-invasions? Gangsters and their associates: you don't have junkie Jimmy walking around a neighbourhood, looking to break into a home to steal some things for drug money, do you? No. You have gangs and organised crime doing the deed.

I repeat; our house was broken into a week after we moved in and I have NEVER been in fear of people breaking into my home at night. I could never imagine living with that fear, but that's how ****** up the mindset is below us.

Quote:Around another 1,000 of those are law enforcement killing a criminal.  So, if you're not a criminal, or hang out with criminals, you're talking 3,000 deaths a year.  While it's certainly tragic and horrible for any family affected by such a crime 3,000 deaths out of 300 million people is statistically insignificant.  Medical malpractice kills over a 100k per year.  Maybe we should defund the doctors?

Where have I mentioned funding or de-fund or anything of that nature? Destroying/recycling guns has nothing to do with de-funding anything; perhaps medical degrees shouldn't be handed out to anyone who pays their way through a second-rate (ie: Non John Hopkins/Ivy League) university (which the Simpsons has even made light of on numerous occasions, with Dr. Nick), then maybe malpractice cases will be significantly down. Ever think of that? Yet again, however, completely off-topic.

Quote:Or today, since it's the topic of the thread and all.   Cool

I've said my piece above, so not really much more to expand upon; I am sympthetic to many plights that normal, law-abiding Americans (hell, anyone in the world, in reality) have to deal with and I am the most empathetic person I know (and am told this constantly), but Jesus Christ, you guys have done it all to yourselves and instead of uniting/seeking a common ground, the USA has turned a world of grey (which it will be forever), into a black and white world, where it's me against him, you against your neighbour, etc. etc.

The fact that you came on here to literally whine and complain that you can no longer have mags of 15 bullets, maxed out at 10, is so beyond preposterous and out of touch with the rest of the world and with REAL issues.

PS: On a personal note, I can't take any of your, "investigative," skills with any bit of seriousness, when you claim that one of the most forward, progressive, liked and admired countries in the world, has, "no rights." LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZE0TuKTpo4

Just an excerpt of a special a comedian did back in 2002 or 2003, but... yeah; so many Americans REALLY DO think this way SMH.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 9th Circuit appeals court strikes down CA magazine ban - Truck_1_0_1_ - 08-16-2020, 05:18 PM