Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Challenge to Milley and Esper--Do Your Duty
(08-15-2020, 03:07 AM)Dill Wrote: I'm still curious as to what would happen if there is no federal election. Even if the presidency fell to Grassley, that would at best be temporary. Would states have to appoint electors and just let them vote?

I get that Trump is subject to eviction and has "no real authority" after Jan 20. Bur earlier this year I also got that whistleblowers are protected and Trump cannot use the military against US citizens.

My question is, what do you make of all the energy Trump is currently devoting to fouling the election before it takes place, creating pretexts for disavowing it and apparently weaponizing institutions like the Post Office, convincing his followers that the deep state coup is still ongoing. 

Do you see this energy simply dissipating as we near the election. Will some millions who believe Donald lost because of a coup grumble a lot and protest a little and then accept the election results and go home? 

Trump didn't exactly break new ground to the bolded. 

As to the questions, yeah, that's par for the GOP course. They rally the base saying 1- the Dems are coming for their guns but they'll save them; 2- they (the GOP) will end abortion; 3- they (the GOP) will lower everybody's taxes); 4- they (the GOP) would've done 1-3 last time they were thwarted by the deep state government.

So they get control of at least one side and the POTUS, don't do 1-3 and lose to Democrats. Then everything goes back to "normal" for 4-8 years and then they do the 1-4 rally again.

We're at the stage where the GOP has paid back their donors at the cost and ire of voters, and will likely be moving back out of majority.  And the core supporters will say it wasn't because the majority of Americans realized they got screwed again (and, really, they're gonna get screwed by the Dems, just in a different way) but because of the deep state government. Why? Because that's easier than accepting they were wrong and got used... again.

And until there's a third party, it's going to ping pong between one side using people and the other side using another group of people, with both sets of people falling for something so they don't have to accept the reality that they were really no options.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Challenge to Milley and Esper--Do Your Duty - Benton - 08-17-2020, 12:56 AM