Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rodney Anderson failed Physical...waived
I'm not trying to be a downer, but I can't figure out why people are so hyped up for this Patrick dude.

He had a terribly underwhelming career at FSU, depsite playing in the weaker ACC. His Sr. year he only rushed for 378 yards, and averaged a paltry 3.5 a carry. His career high in yards in a season was only 748. His totals averaged over 4 years was about 450 yards and 4 TD's. Didn't do a whole lot in the receiving game either, with only 47 career catches.

Now you might be thinking, well stats don't tell everything. There must be some great physical tools there, or maybe he was misused.

He wasn't even invited to the combine. A combine that invites 330 players. Needless to say, he went undrafted.

So now we've got a guy with weak college stats, from a weak conference, who wasn't invited to the combine, who went undrafted. Maybe he put up gaudy numbers in the XFL. Maybe that's what I'm missing. Maybe he was unbelieveable, and proved his doubters wrong.

He averaged 50 yards a game in the XFL with a pretty pedestrian 4.2 YPC with 2 TD's over 5 games. Those are the definition of average stats.

He's a big, slow running back. Am I missing something here?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rodney Anderson failed Physical...waived - Wes Mantooth - 08-18-2020, 10:06 AM