Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Jeremy Hill far ahead of his production last year
(10-21-2015, 12:38 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Murray went from 1 team to another. Hill is playing with the same guys and the same line that he had last year.

Luck is on the same team and was supposed to be playing with more weapons this year than he had last year.  And I can list dozens of other examples of really good players who had "down seasons" during their careers.  Sometimes these seasons are due to injury, but other times they are due to changes in scheme or other issues.

I honestly believe that opposing teams have spent a lot of time during the off season planning on how to stop Hill.  I think this could have some effect on his production this year.  Perhaps defense have different keys or assignments when he is in the game.  Or perhaps we are more likely to use different blocking schemes when Hill is in the game.  I can't say for sure that either of these are true.  All I know is that is sure does seem like the blocking is more effective when Gio gets the ball.  It isn't just Gio hitting the hole harder.  It is the fact that Gio more often has a hole to hit.

And I also can't say that Hill is 100% healthy, but I do know that I have seen Hill's abilities and I know he is not suddenly a crappy RB.  He has talent.  I don't think those talents have disappeared forever after just one season.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jeremy Hill far ahead of his production last year - fredtoast - 10-21-2015, 01:16 PM