Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This team is starting to remind of the 2000s Bengals
(08-18-2020, 03:00 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Chris Henry was 100% responsible for his death.  If someonme wants to drive away you have to let them go.  He was the dumbass for jumping in the back of a truck to try and stop her.

If he had jumped in front of a speeding car you would probably blame the driver for not stopping.

You're "a lawyer", but I went ahead and googled this for you. Straight copy and paste....

Negligent homicide is the killing of another person through gross negligence or without malice. It often includes death that is the result of the negligent operation of a motor vehicle, which includes the operation of a boat or snowmobile.

- He was dumb for jumping into the truck, yes. She was dumb for continuing to drive at speeds that flung him out of the truck and killed him. She said in interviews that he wasn't violently acting towards or threatening her, nor had he been. They were arguing and she flipped out and left. She wasn't running from him for fear of bodily harm nor were drugs or alcohol involved.

If someone I know jumped onto my car while I was driving it I would stop, regardless of if I were arguing with them or not. A lot of other options there, right? She chose the one that killed him.

BTW, your last comment is interesting, given that you're "a lawyer". If someone steps out in front of a moving vehicle than, YES, it is expected for the vehicle to try and stop. You can't just keep speeding through the human being.

You need to maybe revisit the concept of "100%".
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This team is starting to remind of the 2000s Bengals - PDub80 - 08-19-2020, 10:22 AM