Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salty defense...
According to the home page articles, the defense has come to play. I had to laugh when I read Reader's comment to Mixon.....
https://www.bengals.com/news/camp-notebook-salty-defense-burrow-s-gift-an-echo-from-boomer-another-hall-miss

Quote:Bell, the former Saints free safety, has become a fast favorite of teammates and coaches alike. He's known for getting to Paul Brown Stadium at 6 a.m. and then hounding the other guys in the secondary to join him when he gives them a wake-up call.

Bell's shot on Bernard looked to be inadvertent but still aggressive because he didn't back away or slow down. Taylor made sure to let Bell know he appreciated the sentiment, but not the moment.

"It's competitive. It's nothing personal. Guys are going after each other because they like to compete," Taylor said. "And there's just some frustration on some plays. When the offense gives up a play that they shouldn't have given up or the defense gives up a play, it means something to the guys. They're upset about it. And sometimes they take out their physical aggression. I told Vonn, 'Just take it out on your position coach.' Rob (Livingston) can coach in a sling. But don't take it out on Gio. But those guys are good about it. They know they're trying to protect each other. But it's been competitive for three days, that's for sure."

You know it is when you see a running play stuffed at the line and you hear Reader call out to Mixon, "Find another lane, Joe."

No question stopping the run has become a mantra of the new guys.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Salty defense... - Sled21 - 08-19-2020, 12:52 PM
RE: Salty defense... - GreenCornBengal - 08-19-2020, 12:55 PM
RE: Salty defense... - Sled21 - 08-19-2020, 01:01 PM
RE: Salty defense... - bengalfan74 - 08-19-2020, 01:59 PM
RE: Salty defense... - fredtoast - 08-19-2020, 02:03 PM
RE: Salty defense... - GreenCornBengal - 08-19-2020, 03:19 PM
RE: Salty defense... - Nicomo Cosca - 08-20-2020, 10:08 AM
RE: Salty defense... - J24 - 08-19-2020, 04:49 PM
RE: Salty defense... - Sled21 - 08-20-2020, 10:21 AM