Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devil's Advocate.... I'm sorry I doubted you.
All sorts of new technologies coming. They are working on a device that can detect air born particles just like the nose of a drug dog. So they will then be able to find illegal drugs inside of a car without invading the owners privacy.

I doubt that the NYPD has been using this device on a regular basis, but never using what they see to arrest anyone. Because of the radiation involved I am pretty sure that the courts will make them release all details on how much it is being used. But until they want to use the evidence in court the details where and when it was used will remain a secret.

There is a significant legal difference between a mechanical drug dog and x-rays. The drug sniffing wand would not produce any information other than illegal activity (possession or use of illegal drugs), so it would not be a significant invasion of a citizens right to privacy. But an X-ray is pretty much the most invasive type of search. Its use should be strictly limited to cases where a search warrant is obtained.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devil's Advocate.... I'm sorry I doubted you. - fredtoast - 10-21-2015, 02:28 PM