Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul Brown stadium deal ending in 2026- will the Bengals stay
(08-19-2020, 09:38 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: It will be very tempting for the Bengals to move.. they will have a ton of $$$$ thrown at them by other cities.. I am hoping their Ohio roots keep them here... it is going to be an uphill battle though with the 2nd smallest market in the NFL to keep them. 
With LA gone here are the Cities that have a chance to steal the Bengals away from Cincinnati. None of them are Home runs for ownership over Cincinnati. 

London
Positives- New Stadium, Big Market(western Europe)
Negatives-  Travel, Taxes, interest?, Jaguars have a built-in market

San Antonio
Positives- Texas loves Football, Tax payer Stadium
Negatives- Cowboys empire

Toronto- 
Positives- Canada Market
Negatives- would have to build stadium with own money

Orlando
Positives- Bigger Market, NFL quality Stadium
Negatives- 3 teams in Florida already and a tourist town.

St.louis
Positive- Bigger Market than Cincy
Negatives- Been screwed by the NFL multiple times

San Diego- 
Positives- great City, Super Bowl City, 
Negatives- Crowded market with Chargers and Rams 100 miles away + privately funded stadiums

Northern California(Oakland or Sacramento)
Positives- Bigger Market
Negatives- private fund stadiums + 49ner territory

Those are the biggest options for relocation. Out of all those cities none of them really concern me as overly enticing to leave Cincinnati for. If I were to say the biggest worries would be St Louis, Orlando, and San Antonio but all of those seem Longshots.

Also I think eventually we will see a mass expansion in the 2030s going from 32 to 40 teams.  

(08-19-2020, 10:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There’s at least a couple smaller markets than us. Buffalo and Green Bay off the top of my head.
New Orleans, Buffalo, Green Bay, Las Vegas, and Jacksonville are all below Cincinnati I. TV Markets.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paul Brown stadium deal ending in 2026- will the Bengals stay - J24 - 08-19-2020, 11:03 PM