Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul Brown stadium deal ending in 2026- will the Bengals stay
(08-19-2020, 11:03 PM)J24 Wrote: With LA gone here are the Cities that have a chance to steal the Bengals away from Cincinnati. None of them are Home runs for ownership over Cincinnati. 

London
Positives- New Stadium, Big Market(western Europe)
Negatives-  Travel, Taxes, interest?, Jaguars have a built-in market

San Antonio
Positives- Texas loves Football, Tax payer Stadium
Negatives- Cowboys empire

Toronto- 
Positives- Canada Market
Negatives- would have to build stadium with own money

Orlando
Positives- Bigger Market, NFL quality Stadium
Negatives- 3 teams in Florida already and a tourist town.

St.louis
Positive- Bigger Market than Cincy
Negatives- Been screwed by the NFL multiple times

San Diego- 
Positives- great City, Super Bowl City, 
Negatives- Crowded market with Chargers and Rams 100 miles away + privately funded stadiums

Northern California(Oakland or Sacramento)
Positives- Bigger Market
Negatives- private fund stadiums + 49ner territory

Those are the biggest options for relocation. Out of all those cities none of them really concern me as overly enticing to leave Cincinnati for. If I were to say the biggest worries would be St Louis, Orlando, and San Antonio but all of those seem Longshots.

Also I think eventually we will see a mass expansion in the 2030s going from 32 to 40 teams.  

New Orleans, Buffalo, Green Bay, Las Vegas, and Jacksonville are all below Cincinnati I. TV Markets.

I would add a few more up and coming cities.. Salt Lake, Portland, Columbus, Chicago (3rd largest city), Omaha (larger now than Cleveland, love football and growing).  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paul Brown stadium deal ending in 2026- will the Bengals stay - Essex Johnson - 08-19-2020, 11:47 PM