Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul Brown stadium deal ending in 2026- will the Bengals stay
(08-20-2020, 12:37 PM)ochocincos Wrote: SLC is definitely a booming city. A good amount of tech companies are there now.

I doubt Columbus would do well with a team. And it's not because of OSU, but because ~60% of the football fans there are Browns fans, 25% Steelers fans (east side of town) and remaining 15% are Bengals fans. Or at least it seemed that way when I lived there 2008-2018.
If the Browns fans stuck by that crappy team for 25 years now when they've been abysmal, I doubt they'd switch their allegiance to a Columbus team just because they were local.

Columbus is a very bandwagon town when it comes to pro sports. While the majority is nominally Browns fans, you're hard pressed to see Browns gear in public past week 3-4 most years. They certainly aren't "ride or die" fans.  Bring a winner and they'll likely switch, especially with Burrow at QB.  

All inroads into Columbus would appear to be closed, though.  OSU would fight tooth and nail to block it, which kills it dead right there, but on top of that, Haslam bought the Crew a little while back.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paul Brown stadium deal ending in 2026- will the Bengals stay - Whatever - 08-20-2020, 01:28 PM