Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"You can't talk Super Bowl....."
(10-21-2015, 04:09 PM)Ryuko Wrote: Thank God I posted in this thread, or you guys would have nothing to b!tch talk about.

Of course it's fun to dream about Super Bowl wins. Naturally it's fun to imagine your team winning it all. 6-0 is a spectacular stepping stone to maybe seeing it actually happen. But there are still plenty of steps in between here and there. This thread only slightly less out of place than it would have been after week 1. Or during training camp. Or immediately after the draft. Or following the Colts game. No one wants to talk about what we're all hoping happens until we're on the cusp of it actually happening. It's like the kid who can't sleep in October because he's dreaming about what he might get for Christmas... except Christmas is guaranteed to happen and it's closer to the present than the Super Bowl is. 

It's never to early to dream about it, but getting all excited about a dream is premature and childish... Especially when there's a bona fide reason to be legitimately excited in the here and now. We are 6-0 with a bye week to prepare for our most hated rival. Dream about the Super Bowl all you want. But I want to talk about getting to 7-0. There are too many variables to waste time discussing a potential Super Bowl run. We have 10 weeks of regular season football to get through before the field even shakes out. There's no reason to discuss the road to the Super Bowl before we know the stops along the way. We don't know who our opponents will be, and we don't know who may or may not be injured. There's no analysis to be done. Just a circle-jerk of fans talking about nothing and ganging up on anyone who bothers to point it out.

As for this one, it seems like I am the only one enjoying it. The rest of these guys are a little too excited for the ride to be over. I must be the only one who likes winning more than I like the offseason. Hmm

its you acting like us talking about games down the road instead of just the next one will somehow affect the teams preparing for the next game.  If we just talked about the next game especially during a bye week it would be super boring round here
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
"You can't talk Super Bowl....." - Sled21 - 10-20-2015, 01:10 PM
RE: "You can't talk Super Bowl....." - McC - 10-20-2015, 06:44 PM
RE: "You can't talk Super Bowl....." - McC - 10-20-2015, 06:42 PM
RE: "You can't talk Super Bowl....." - McC - 10-20-2015, 07:24 PM
RE: "You can't talk Super Bowl....." - XenoMorph - 10-21-2015, 04:25 PM