Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found a neat part of political history
(08-25-2020, 07:20 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, I had some of that, as well. But I also found my (step) grandfather's flag, dog tags, and ribbons from WWII as well as some other neat stuff. And I took home 7 firearms. There is a lot more to go through, but I took what I could that would be high value targets. The unfortunate thing it none of it is really mine. I have a cousin who has been estranged from the family for 30ish years and a sister. Because my uncle passed away intestate with no children of his own, the estranged cousin is entitled to half of the value of the estate and my sister and I split the other half. Plus, my uncle was a drunk and had been without a job for over a year, so he was accumulating debt. So if I am lucky, the coins and such will cover the outstanding debt and expenses related to all of this.

Sorry about that last part.

I have lots of mementos from one grandfather and really want the footlocker from my other but my uncle has it and won't let it go so it sits in his attic.

The story was the my mother's dad brought back a bayonet from his time in Europe during WWII but it was lost/stolen.  That would have been cool to have.

My dad's dad was in Panama during WWII.  I have some postcards and photos but that's all so far.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Found a neat part of political history - GMDino - 08-25-2020, 08:50 AM