Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Carlos speaks out about Racism and Bengals
(08-25-2020, 09:26 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Seems to me Carlos was more interested in some public comments from the team more than money.  Lots of people with money don't have the public platform and news coverage that professional sports teams do.

Why would anyone be upset by the team doing more to oppose racial injustice?

I get his frustration because I deal with it with some of my friends.  They will prattle on for hours about what other people need to do to help fix issues while they have given none of their own time or money to help with those issues.  You can't expect other people to make something more of a priority than you do.

I think Carlos is in the wrong on this for the simple fact that he called out the team and Mike before he ever asked to discuss the issue in private.  He freely admitted that he hasn't asked Mike for this meeting, yet.  

The other issue is that Mike is a pretty self-aware owner.  He knows he's probably one of the top 5 most hated men in Cinci.  If he makes a statement about rallying together to fight racial injustice, folks are about as likely to run out and join the KKK. That's why he gave money to the coaches and players to set up programs.  That makes the coaches and players the faces of those programs and people actually like/respect those guys, making them more likely to listen.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carlos speaks out about Racism and Bengals - Whatever - 08-25-2020, 10:17 AM
RE: Carlos speaks out about Racism and Bengals - IcoHolic - 09-03-2020, 10:12 PM