Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Carlos speaks out about Racism and Bengals
(08-25-2020, 12:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The story is much more logical and complimentary of the Bengals if you read it in the context of truth as opposed to how Richard Skinner wants to tell it:

Agreed.   I think the article shows the understandable frustration with the problem he experienced at the park - which sounds despicable.

But it also voices the belief that Mike (under pre- COVID circumstances) would be glad to sit down with him.  I think Carlos really feels the need to sit down with him in a room and talk.  But you're talking an 85 year old man in scary times.  The best bet would be to talk at a table outside in the shade in the cool of the day.   I hope it can happen.

I have always admired Mr. Rooney - his vision and his humility.   And while I've been totally frustrated with Mr. Brown's inflexibility at times I have always felt that he was a basically good man.  Kind of an irony that owners of such bitter rivals shared some good character qualities.

I don't think anyone but the park ranger looks bad in this article.   I'm pleased with Carlos and the Bengals.   And while I think reverse racism is a real thing and just as despicable, there is no question that most of us have no idea what it has been like for people of color to grow up in the US.  They have a different heritage and a different reality much of the time.  That clearly came out in some of the quotes made by Caucasian players during behind closed doors talks that occurred over the off season.  

It would be hard to stomach what many African-Americans experience, and I admire the restraint that so many have shown - as well as the sensitivity that guys like Glascow showed following sit downs with their fellow players.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carlos speaks out about Racism and Bengals - 3wt - 08-25-2020, 12:41 PM
RE: Carlos speaks out about Racism and Bengals - IcoHolic - 09-03-2020, 10:12 PM