Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Catholic voters support Democrats?
(08-24-2020, 09:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This^   Who the heck are they to tell anyone what to do, let alone how to vote, after hiding and protecting all of the pedophile Clergy for so many years?  

My thoughts exactly.  I like the traditions and and most of the official doctrines of the church.  It's most of what I know of religion because it's how I was raised.  I'd go back if for no other reason but to re-connect with family history.  I just can't overlook the other thing.  It's way too pervasive and way too horrific.  When the diocese of Covington (NKY) released their list of credible abusers a couple of weeks ago, no less than four of them were at my church/school when I was a kid.  4.  And several more before and after. What person in their right mind would send their kid anywhere near a place with that kind of track record if religion weren't attached?  If you were at a Catholic institution as a child, it's not just possible that you were around predators, it's somewhere between highly likely and certain.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should Catholic voters support Democrats? - samhain - 08-25-2020, 02:57 PM