Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grandma got ran over by the John Deere..
Yeah, the title is a humorous spoof, but the story is real. Last Thursday, my wife calls me at work, and we never call each other at work unless it's something truly significant. She informs me that her mother rolled the riding lawn mower over herself several times. She lives in the country, a few miles North of Marietta, it's pretty hilly around there.

Anyway, I leave work to see my wife off to Ohio to be with her mother. The hospital in Marietta checks her over, does a couple X-rays, and sends her on her way. My wife and one of her brothers have spent the entire time since the accident with her. This lady has gotten progressively worse, day by day. Finally, they get her to her primary care provider today, across the river in Parkersburg WV, and she get's some legit testing.

Turns out that she has a compression fracture in her T-10 vertabrae, a hematoma to her liver, fractured ribs, a rather large lesion on her leg from a puncture wound; Not to mention severe bruising and general muscle injuries all over her body.

My question is; How does the hospital in Marietta simply "look her over" and send her home, without noticing any or all of those serious injuries? I know that we have at least a couple of members with medical credentials on here. Can you offer any advice as to why the ER would examine her, and then send her home without admitting her?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Grandma got ran over by the John Deere.. - SunsetBengal - 08-25-2020, 10:55 PM