Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Carlos speaks out about Racism and Bengals
(08-26-2020, 02:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not so much the condemnation as the fact that it even exists.  When I first became an NFL fan there were no black head coaches and blacks were not considered smart enough to be quarterbacks.  But I don't remember the nation "loudly condemning" the NFL over this.  Instead it was just accepted and no one complained too much. 

When you first became an NFL fan, how many black players tried to become NFL QBs and were turned away? I'm sure it happened back when racism was more openly acceptable, but since I became an NFL fan there weren't that many that I was aware of.

But, even so, let's assume it's still happening today. Then, by all means, awareness of this MUST be brought to the public. However, that's not the kind of awareness that is being asked of Mike Brown. Mike Brown has already made a statement of support against racism AND made a monetary donation. Forcing Mike Brown to say even louder that 'racism is bad' is not going to do anything to solve the problem of racism in America.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carlos speaks out about Racism and Bengals - IcoHolic - 09-03-2020, 10:12 PM