Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias
(08-27-2020, 11:12 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm far from an expert on this, or anything for that matter, but I can't help but feel like warning shots are one of those things that works in the movies but not in real life.  The idea of introducing the discharge of a firearm and the threat of lethal violence into a situation as a means to diffuse things seems like it could be quite counter productive.

Well there's else nothing Kyle could have done at that point. He was being chased and had things thrown at him. I know a warning shot isn't amazing, but at least it's trying to deter him from being attacked and having to use deadly force, especially when there was a group of people behind the first person who was shot.

For the Jacob Blake story

https://www.newsweek.com/jacob-blake-knife-car-kenosha-shooting-doj0-1527930

The DOJ has said that officers arrived at the residence after a woman called police and said her boyfriend "was present and was not supposed to be on the premises."....

Sheskey shot 29-year-old Blake while holding onto his shirt after officers first unsuccessfully used a Taser, according to the DOJ.

"Mr. Blake walked around his vehicle, opened the driver's side door, and leaned forward," the DOJ said in a statement. "While holding onto Mr. Blake's shirt, Officer Rusten Sheskey fired his service weapon 7 times. Officer Sheskey fired the weapon into Mr. Blake's back."......

Blake admitted that he had a knife in his possession during the investigation following the shooting, according to the DOJ.

State agents later recovered a knife from the driver's side floorboard of the vehicle, the DOJ said. No other weapons were located in the vehicle. The DOJ did not say Blake threatened anyone with the knife.

Raysean White, the man who said he filmed the video of the shooting that circulated widely online, told The Associated Press that he heard officers shout "Drop the knife! Drop the knife!" before they shot Blake, but said he didn't see one in his hands.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - Brownshoe - 08-27-2020, 11:20 AM