Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias
(08-27-2020, 11:27 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: This is my position on the Rittenhouse situation:

-He is guilty of at least a Class A misdemeanor in Wisconsin for carrying underage.

-There is no "stand your ground" law in Wisconsin, but there also isn't a duty to retreat unless you provoked the situation. Witnesses would be the key, here, as we don't really know how the confrontation started. If Rittenhouse provoked the interaction to start with, he had the duty to retreat. He was getting away and then decided to turn around and fire at his pursuer. We don't have enough information on this initial altercation to say, specifically.

-The second fatality and the person injured are brave, but stupid. That whole situation was handled poorly. I get dude wanted to go non-lethal with him but damn.

-Cops messed this one up. They were being told the kid killed two people. They should have took him into custody to sort things out.

-1st degree seems to be an overcharge. I mean, they do have 1st degree reckless homicide, but I still thing 2nd degree reckless would be more reflective of the events we saw.

-I 100% agree with he should be charged with a class A misdemeanor for carrying underage

-Kyle seems to be trying to run away, and the guy is chasing him. He is trying to do his duty to retreat. It seemed like his pursuer was catching up to him in the video, and that's why he fired.

-I agree, the second fatality was stupid, and was handled poorly. He shouldn't have hit Kyle multiple times in the head with a skateboard.

-I agree that cops messed up. They 100% should have taken him into custody immediately and put under investigation. There is no way he should have made it back to his house or even made it passed those police trucks without being disarmed and detained.

-As far as what I've seen in the videos it seems like it was self defense and he should be charged with having a weapon while underaged and being out past curfew.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - Brownshoe - 08-27-2020, 11:38 AM