Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
More "largely peaceful" Portland protests
(08-27-2020, 11:44 AM)GMDino Wrote: That's what I said.

Quit excusing minorities being shot and killed and paralyzed.

If the shooting shouldn't have happened then the correct steps should be taken.  A shooting isn't incorrect because you think it is or because a mob of people choose to believe it is.

Quote:If those two (and all the ones before them) were handled in a quick and open manner, if we saw legitimate changes, if we saw anything but victim blaming and support for people who "might have" been acting in self-defense when they are white but not when they are a minority. 

Acting in "self defense" against the police?  If you're talking about in other cases, I don't know anyone here who has been inconsistent in stating we should wait for actual facts before reaching a conclusion, regardless of the ethnicity of the person involved. 

Quote:If we saw any of that maybe the protests would slow down, the looters wouldn't have cover for been criminals and we could move forward.

No, they wouldn't and Chicago is proof of this.  The police shot a guy after he opened fire on them.  Riots and looting promptly followed.  It's not about whether it was a justified shooting or not anymore, it's just ACAB.

Quote:These protests aren't new and they are not just based on the latest incident.  We all know that.  Each new incident whether there is an over reaction or not is just fuel to a fire that isn't being fought...just left to burn.  Sometimes I think the police like it burning to justify what they do to minorities.

Now, you're finally being honest.  No more hiding behind "I have respect for law enforcement."

Quote:Maybe Not all of them, but in a country where the leaders love to stoke the flames of fear for votes it sure would help them.

Maybe not "all of them"? Whatever   Seriously, you're off the deep end on this subject.  Please don't ever try and tell me you have any respect for law enforcement.  I knew it wasn't true in the past, but it's blatantly obvious now.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 08-27-2020, 05:01 PM