Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Republican National Convention(s)
(08-27-2020, 01:32 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You're missing something here, and that is the far left is showing restraint when they compare him to Hitler and some policies.  They believe he would willingly exterminate 12 million people to advance himself if he could get away with it.  They just aren't willing to outright say it yet.

(08-27-2020, 01:36 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't believe he would actively kill that many people. I believe he is self-centered enough to let that many people die through policies that harm them, but not that he would actively have them killed.

Here's the problem with the Hitler comparison. It's so extreme that it immediately becomes the focus of attention and the rest of your argument is obscured.  There are numerous examples of despots who seize power, Pinochet, Mussolini, Putin, to name a few that would serve as far better examples.  In fact Putin is probably the best example if you want to compare someone to what, some, people think Trump is doing.

I'll reiterate.  Comparing someone to the Nazis is unacceptable.  Even if they are acting in a way reminiscent of the Weimar era Nazi party (e.g. subverting the democratic process), the comparison is a terrible one as it evokes all that came after that as well. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Republican National Convention(s) - Dill - 08-24-2020, 09:53 PM
RE: Republican National Convention(s) - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 08-27-2020, 05:12 PM