Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Jeremy Hill far ahead of his production last year
(10-21-2015, 12:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hill has always been much more effective running out of the shotgun than he has with Andy under center.
Very, VERY false.
(10-21-2015, 03:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yep.

Brad was already aware of these numbers when he made his claims that Hill was always better with Dalton under center.

Except anyone who watched the games knows that Hill looked better running the ball when Dalton was under center and not in the shotgun.  Just looking at stats can't show that, burt if you'd like to take the statistical approach, we'll do that:

Hill carried the ball less than a third as much from shotgun as opposed to having Dalton under center, and I always say you can't discount long runs because they happened, but Hill's 85 yard run on one carry and few other long runs make the stats from the gun very skewed because he carried the ball so much less.

If you'd like to go back and look at play-by-play, Hill normally struggled from the gun, gaining one or two yards whenever he carried from the gun last year, and even took a bunch of rushes for a loss.

Hill ran much better when Dalton was under center because he got the ball while he was running forward, which this video shows, but you probably won't even look at that.

You need to quit even trying to have debates with me, especially when you try and post things like you're better than me and talking down to me like "Brad was already aware....." because you end up looking bad.

I also love how you try to switch the focus of the thread that you created to try and say that Hill was better last year at this point but failed to point out that he wasn't getting many carries up to this point last year.

Typical Fred.  It used to be funny, now it's just annoying.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jeremy Hill far ahead of his production last year - BFritz21 - 10-21-2015, 09:06 PM