Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Auden Tate building on from last year
(08-28-2020, 09:16 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: There's one for the post HOF   Ninja

(08-28-2020, 10:59 AM)bfine32 Wrote: 15ish years of posts destroyed with one admission.

Not sure what you guys are talking about.  I have been pretty consistent with this position over the years.  I have argued that it is difficult to grade offensive linemen without knowing exactly what their assignment is on every play.  I have argued that it is difficult to judge which DB messed up in coverage when we don't know what their individual assignment and responsibility was.  Now I am saying it is hard to judge if a throw was off target because of poor timing/route running by the receiver or if the QB messed up.

When I talk about receivers "adjusting their routes" I am not talking about different options for entirely different routes based on the coverage.  Instead I am talking about receivers running a drag pattern more shallow because the LBs don't drop as deep.  Or a receiver simply slowing down to sit in a soft spot in one coverage.  When i ask how we can tell if the receiver made the wrong adjustment all I get is "watch the film".  Well when i watch the film I can't see any way of telling if the receiver made an improper adjustment or if the QB made a bad pass.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Auden Tate building on from last year - fredtoast - 08-28-2020, 11:22 AM