Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Auden Tate building on from last year
(08-27-2020, 06:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I just get a kick out of watching you argue against yourself. It's why I often use the exact same criteria you use and then watch you argue about how it doesn't matter or you "don't understand"

Auden Tate was among league leaders in drawing DPI. Despite only having 80 target he was interfered with 5 times. 

Auden Tate had 2 dropped passes last year

Auden Tate went from 4 catches for 35 yards to 40 catches for 575 yards

Auden Tate improved drastically and is showing great promise but you must argue against it because.....

(08-28-2020, 11:22 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Not sure what you guys are talking about.  I have been pretty consistent with this position over the years.  I have argued that it is difficult to grade offensive linemen without knowing exactly what their assignment is on every play.  I have argued that it is difficult to judge which DB messed up in coverage when we don't know what their individual assignment and responsibility was.  Now I am saying it is hard to judge if a throw was off target because of poor timing/route running by the receiver or if the QB messed up.

When I talk about receivers "adjusting their routes" I am not talking about different options for entirely different routes based on the coverage.  Instead I am talking about receivers running a drag pattern more shallow because the LBs don't drop as deep.  Or a receiver simply slowing down to sit in a soft spot in one coverage.  When i ask how we can tell if the receiver made the wrong adjustment all I get is "watch the film".  Well when i watch the film I can't see any way of telling if the receiver made an improper adjustment or if the QB made a bad pass.

[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcT9mTi5qPtSRCdshVBTs...Q&usqp=CAU]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Auden Tate building on from last year - bfine32 - 08-28-2020, 11:27 AM