Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second Repub Congressman Admits Benghazi Committee Was ‘Designed To Go After’ Clinton
(10-19-2015, 02:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What happened in Benghazi was a tragedy.  Hillary obviously deserves some blame since she was Sec of State at the time, and she has taken the blame for some security lapses under her watch.   If the Republicans really cared about keeping it from happening again then they would be looking for what really went wrong instead of just trying to burn down Hillary.

The whole issue is pretty murky because it deals with activity by the CIA and possibly forces from the Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC).  The attacks were not related to any video.  They were organized attacks from al Qaeda most likely in retaliation for CIA and/or JSOC forces.

Embassy Security was lax for many different reasons.  First of all the Libyan government did not want a large US military presence in the country.  The embassy guards were rent-a-cops from England.

The Clinton defenders will try to deflect the "lax security" issue by claiming that the Republican congress was to blame for cutting the security budget.  While I agree 100% that the Republican congress needs to spend more on embassy security, I doubt it is the real problem here.  I think the State Department went a little too far trying to avoid looking like a military invasive force.  

So while it looks like there are some real policy issues to debate here all the people on the right seem to know about the story is that Obama tried to cover it up.  He blamed it on rioting sweeping through the middle east over a video.  It appears that the administration tried to fudge the facts at the beginning, but they retracted the story in just a couple of weeks and no one gained anything from the "cover up".  

The fact is that we have all this drama over a "cover up" that lasted two weeks and never benefited anyone.  And, meanwhile no one is really talking about what should be done to make sure something like this doesn't happen again.

It seems to be the same old BS the US has been pulling for decades.  Ambassadors preaching diplomkacy from am embassy just 10 minutes from a heavely armed CIA operation center.  The one thing I did learn from all of the was the existence of JSOC forces.  All you paranoid types will love these guys.
I just want to know why the administration initially tried to pretend it was because of a YouTube video. They eventually admitted it was a terrorist attack, but at that point it was so obvious they had no choice but to admit it.

That's my minor disagreement - if you can call it that - but I think that's the first time I've read a fair and (mostly) impartial analysis of the situation. Great job America and the media - you got out did by a guy named FredToast on a Bengals' message board. Cool
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Second Repub Congressman Admits Benghazi Committee Was ‘Designed To Go After’ Clinton - 6andcounting - 10-21-2015, 09:52 PM