Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did you become a Bengals fan?
Dad was not a football fan.  To my knowledge, he never attended a game in his life.  He played baseball up through high school, so he'd watch that.  But, football wasn't permitted on our tv.  When my parents divorced and he moved out, mom, sis and I started watching football.  The Bengals were the local team, on the radio and television, so it made sense to start cheering for them. 

Someome bought me a Bengals cap, maybe an uncle, which was prior to the uniform re-design, so it had BENGALS in block letters on it.  Attended my first Bengals game during the '81 Super Bowl season, the Denver game where we rolled up 500+ yards at Riverfront on a cold Sunday before Thanksgiving.  A few years back I got to talk about that game with Ken Anderson when he was signing autographs at a Menard's opening in Centerville.  He signed the game day program I've kept all these years. 

I realized a dream from my teenage years when I became a season ticket holder in 2000 with the opening of PBS.  So, this has been going on for me since the late 70s. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How did you become a Bengals fan? - Awful Llama - 10-21-2015, 10:00 PM