Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did you become a Bengals fan?
(10-21-2015, 10:10 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Born and raised here.  You could say I was born into dysfunction.  Although I did get on a short Chicago Bears kick when I was about 6.  I loved McMahon, the Fridge, and Walter Payton.

I still have my Bengals team shirt with the big cartoon heads lying around here somewhere.  Who else remembers those?  I think I have a Reds one too.
Same here and loved the Bengals growing up, but, aside from the late 80s and early 90s, once I learned what football was and started playing, I loved college football because it was more pure football and I loved Ohio State (but loved watching teams like Army and Navy run the triple option!).  After the wreck, though, I just followed high school football because I was too busy to follow college or pro, but then started playing fantasy football in '02, Bengals drafted Palmer in '03, everyone around here became fans again (even though he didn't play in '03, but the team was still decent for the first time in forever), and I just started loving the hometown football again!
(10-21-2015, 08:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I was born and raised in Covington, Ky which is essentially south Cincinnati. Way back in 1993 (when I was 12), I really started getting heavy into sports. Especially football. Being the local team, the Bengals were the obvious choice. I only root for hometown teams. Unfortunately, I became a fan at a bad time. I always looked for reasons to be optimistic back then, though. Blake-mania, Corey Dillon, new free agents and draft picks always gave some hope.

Yeah, I was from Fort Mitchell and we could see the Cincinnati skyline from our backyard when the trees didn't have any leaves.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How did you become a Bengals fan? - BFritz21 - 10-21-2015, 10:47 PM