Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did you become a Bengals fan?
1978 (12 years old), my uncle worked at Barleycorn's downtown. My dad had said he's seen Bengals players there before so one Friday night i ask him to get me a couple autographs (i was just getting into football at the time). So Saturday morning i'm watching cartoons and i start to remember this cool dream i had the night before, only after thinking about it for a minute i wasn't so sure it was a dream so i walk back into my bedroom and on the dresser was an autographed photo, an NFL football and tickets to that weeks game.

Turns out, Gary Burley gave my dad the stuff which included the game ball he got earlier in the year for a win against Houston where he had 4 sacks (Bengals only win up to that point in the season that year).

Sunday afternoon, a drizzly glorious first ever NFL football game and the Bengals beat the Falcons 37-7. After that, me and another kid rode in Burley's Caddy to get dinner.

I was actually able to tell Gary about this a few years ago when he was on Lance's show.

Been hopelessly hooked ever since.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How did you become a Bengals fan? - rfaulk34 - 10-21-2015, 11:18 PM