Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm sitting here watching the 2016 Bengals Seahawks game...
(08-31-2020, 08:39 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Nailed both points...The rushing attack was never the same after that, either.  

If you look at that WR corps, it had the right amount of experience.  Wasn't relying on any rookies.  Ditto 2020.  AJ, Boyd, and Ross will make a solid starting 3, and you have quality depth in Tate, Higgins, Erickson, and Thomas.

The offensive line isn't quite as proven, with the biggest question mark being at LT.  Sure, he has impressed at camp, but Jonah Williams hasn't played a snap against NFL linemen and he will face Bosa and Garrett right away.  

The center position was the weakness of the 2015 offensive line, with Russell Bodine in year 2.   I would consider Hopkins an upgrade there

The guard play was very solid with Boling and Zeitler.  Again, a bit of an unknown with XSF, but I feel pretty good about Michael Jordan in year 2.

Andre Smith was playing solid RT, and we can hope that a similar light goes on in Bobby Hart. 

FWIW, I think losing Peko in the middle of the defensive front in 2017 was a blow as well.  Haven't been nearly as good at stopping the run.  Here's to DJ Reader being a massive upgrade over last year.  

Agree on all points, and the run game is the other big factor.  IMO Hill declined during the terrific 2015 season.  He wasn't anywhere near the player he was when he was running wild at the end of 2014.  His style changed and he was much more hesitant.  This was easy to mask with the other offensive weapons on the roster and the odd formations that Hue would throw out there.  Once Jones and Sanu were gone and Eifert was out, he just wasn't a guy that you could look to to be a major threat.

I'll never know what happened to the player Hill was in late 14.  Maybe it was the blocking scheme, maybe he needed a fullback to help him.  Heck, maybe he just changed on his own.  I thought he was going to be a terror for the next 3 years minimum, but instead, he became just a guy.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm sitting here watching the 2016 Bengals Seahawks game... - samhain - 08-31-2020, 02:35 PM