Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did you become a Bengals fan?
(10-21-2015, 05:16 AM)My family are Vietnamese immigrants. In 1980s my parents by boat escaped Vietnam, from there they ended up in New York, and they transferred my family and the other immigrants to Cincinnati. I was born at the University of Cincinnati April 30, 1989. This date actually holds historic meaning, on April 30, 1975 it is called "Fall of Saigon". Anyways, Most of my family started to move from Cincinnati to San Jose, CA in 1995 and i have been here ever since. But when i was young even at 5-6 years old i remember my dad watching the Bengals play a lot on TV. As I grew up and played sports, i learned about my family history and saw that i was actually born in Cincinnati from then on i have been a Bengals fans since. Living out here in San Jose, there are rarely any Bengal fans! Im surrounded by 49ers and Raider fans. (believe me i know the story of the 1988 SuperBowl) but hey it was 1 year before i was born :) I also  went to the Oakland Raider game week 1 and man was i a proud Bengal fan walking around getting heckled (it all stopped when we were up 33-0) Im a huge Golden State Warrior fan and i can honestly say this Bengal team feels the same in terms of building the team through the draft and having continuity with each other for 2-5 years finally gave them their first championship in 40 years. I just hope Cincinnati could do the same this year!!! Wrote: I'm curious on how you all became fans of this team. Being from Alaska, my situation is semi unique. Alaska has no team, so the Seahawks are sort of the adopted team of the state. I'd say anywhere from 30-40% of Alaskans are Seahawks fans(probably half of that from just their recent success).

I remember in roughly 1998 or 99 when I was 5 or 6, my family being huge football fans, decided I was old enough to pick my own team. They showed me all the teams. I was big into animals at the time, and it came between the 4 cat teams, Bengals, Lions, Jags, and Panthers. It was between the Jaguars and Bengals. I had a hard time deciding between the two until my uncle(also a Bengals fan) gave me a Bengals football card. Don't remember who it was unfortunately. That sealed the deal, and I've been a loyal fan ever since.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How did you become a Bengals fan? - CaliBengal - 10-22-2015, 01:58 AM