Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
weaknesses heading into season
I agree with most of yours.
However, I believe with Alexander back (right?) and Phillips, the Bengals can have an adequate starting 3 CBs without Waynes still.

For me:
1) No confidence in the OL. Most of the positive things I've read have been about Jonah. I haven't heard a lot about how great LG, RG, or RT have been.

2) Health of AJ Green and John Ross. Ross hasn't been able to remain healthy overall, and he already has an injury to his arm after falling hard on it in Wednesday's practice. Green hasn't been able to remain healthy for almost 2 full years now.

3) While it's easy to get excited for all the shiny new LBs added in the offseason, it's unlikely they all magically perform up to expectations right from the start. It will take time for them to gel, learn their assignments, and fix weaknesses.

4) Until I see it personally, I think TE is the weakest skill position player on the offense. Uzomah is ok, and there's been some buzz around Sample (kinda), but it's more hope than proven ability.

5) As you said, time to put up or shut up. It's one thing to bring in a bunch of talent and say you're going to turn the ship around. It's another to actually do it. Time to see if this offseason actually results in 7+ wins. 6-8 wins is what I expect. 5 or less is a disappointment for me.

EDIT - For clarification, even though both haven't really done anything in NFL yet but have looked good in TC, I have (much) more confidence in Jonah Williams at LT vs Sample at TE because Williams was already a proven stud at Alabama coming in. Sample, on the other hand, wasn't nearly as pro-ready, even though he was a 2nd round pick. He only had 487 yards and 5 TDs in 4 seasons. In comparison, Tyler Kroft (former 3rd rounder) had 901 yards and 5 TDs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: weaknesses heading into season - Mer - 09-01-2020, 12:37 PM
RE: weaknesses heading into season - pally - 09-01-2020, 12:11 PM
RE: weaknesses heading into season - J24 - 09-01-2020, 12:33 PM
RE: weaknesses heading into season - CJD - 09-01-2020, 01:11 PM
RE: weaknesses heading into season - McC - 09-01-2020, 05:36 PM