Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ahmed Mohamed and his family will move to Qatar
(10-21-2015, 09:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It is because the culture has changed. Rep is now given more freely for personal attacks than it is for salient points. It has become the epitome of ad hominem. If I can make you look silly then no one will take your point of view seriously.

Everyone in this forum is to blame to an extent. As a quote from one of my all time favorite movies goes: “Yeah, It stinks bad. And we all covered up in it too. Ain't nobody clean.

But I lay the majority of the blame on the Mods. From jump I said it was a bad idea to have the inmates run the asylum.  I actually think you realized this when you stepped down as PR Mod; claiming work load. Then the decision was made “no PR Mod required” we can police ourselves. Well consider this one of those policing.

I have sworn off this forum; although, I get a laugh looking at it from time to time. In my brief exodus, I have received more than 1 PM asking for my return and this from mature poster(s) that I seldom see eye to eye with on subjects.

This forum needs strong moderation (either externally or internally) and the first time a person goes after the poster instead of the post, that poster needs to be shut down. Unfortunately we won’t do that internally especialy if someone we “disagree with” is getting personally insulted. 

Cry

You talk as if you have ever--and I seriously mean ever--contributed anything valuable to the PnR board. All you ever did was split hairs, insult, strawman, occasionally evangelize, and troll. And you now pretending to be some kind of anti-ad hominem crusader is probably the most hilarious thing I've ever seen. Nobody feels sorry that you didn't get away with using an alt to troll.

I think you're making the right decision in avoiding PnR. You should go back to doing it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ahmed Mohamed and his family will move to Qatar - GodHatesBengals - 10-22-2015, 08:32 AM